The purpose of your follow up is to determine their level of interest and their commitment to building a financial asset with you.
During your follow up ask questions and emphasize your commitment to them:
- What did you find most appealing during your investigation?
- What’s your level of interest? Do you have any questions?
- Assure them that they will have the support of their team as well as the training and tools needed.
If they need more information or more time to consider your offer, set up another appointment to talk with them within the next few days.
- Let them know that you want them to give this offer serious consideration and to be confident in their decision.
- Use the tools listed in Toolshed if they request more information.
- Who do you know who would make an ideal partner? …who may have an interest in building an asset?
If they say, “Yes, I want to become a business partner”:
Assist them in completing the three steps on the Roadmap:
- Select a Premium Pack and complete their registration process.
- Set up an automatic order to qualify for income each business period.
- Complete their My Support Team contact information. Introduce your new partner everyone on their support team with a 3-way call or personal meeting. Review the The 4 Basics and Working with Mannatech.
Review with them the Roadmap and Time Table and assist them as needed.
- Determine your new partner’s personal time table and have regular contact with them as they complete their preparation and planning.
- Schedule regular and frequent contact with them until their Planning/Progress Chart is complete with their four business partners and each of them has established four partners of their own.
If they say, “Yes, I want to become a customer, but not a partner”:
- Enroll them as a member with their first product order or with the Associate Pack of their choice and set up an auto order for the best health benefits.
- Engage them in a customer care program for support and education.
- Ask them for referrals, “Who do you know that might be interested in taking a look at the products or at building a financial asset?”
If they say, “No, I’m not interested”, thank them.
- Let them know you appreciate them exploring this opportunity with you.
- Ask them for referrals – see above.
- Keep the lines of communication open.